Original Research - Special Collection > The Role Of Artificial Intelligence...
The Role Of Artificial Intelligence In Preparing EFL Students For Lifelong Learning
Abstract Submission Deadline 31 Jan 2023
About this Research Topic
Manuscript Submission Deadline 31 march 2023 (Submission Closed)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) shapes our lives in various fields. Much like many other fields, AI has made deep inroads into education and has taken the place of prominence. Indeed, it has many dimensions, many of which deserve exploration vis-à-vis education, and this is also the guiding principle of this special issue. It encourages researchers to explore the scope of AI in English language learning, including motivating students, helping them grow autonomously, application-based issues, etc. Previous studies have found that using AI is beneficial for both EFL teachers and students. However, it calls for enhancement and upgradation of teachers' pedagogical and technical knowledge before such integration.
Wang (2019) admitted that due to the tremendous development in information and communication technologies (ICTs), the field of English teaching environment also greatly developed. Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) has gained a name in the field of English learning and teaching; the term has been modified by adding an apt adjective, ‘artificial intelligence' to become (AICALL), and this needs exploration. Moreover, Virtual Reality is among the most important dimensions of AI. It has been used in developing learners' language skills. In keeping with the needs of the times, authors are requested to submit erudite manuscripts on one of the following themes, though the list below is not exhaustive.
· Exploring the theoretical background of AI in EFL
· Gauging the keeping up of learning and teaching English with the latest AI tools and applications
· How can AI be employed to increase EFL students' autonomy?
· The use of AI dimensions in developing English language skills and systems
· The degree of applicability of EFL teachers AI, AICALL in the English classroom
· Integrating AI to foster EFL learner creativity
· Free AI tools that can be used in the ELT classroom
· How can AI be integrated in the English literature classroom?
· AI and EFL virtual learning
· AI as an assessment tool of EFL students' productivity
· Areas where AI may supplement EFL teachers
· Language and communication
· Cultural Studies
· Language learning and technology
· Educational technology
Important Note: All contributions to this Research Topic must be within the scope of the section and journal to which they are submitted, as defined in their mission statements.
Associate Guest Editor
Global Institute for Research Education & Scholarship: Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Arif Ahmed Al-Ahdal
Associate Guest Editor
College of Sciences and Arts, Methnab, Qassim University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Orchid ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6747-0897
Scopus ID: 56175179300
Web of Science Researcher ID: AAC-9426-2020
107-112Abstract Views : 1028Download :207